Terms and Conditions
1 Legal Jargon
WE ARE NOT COMMON CARRIERS AND ACCEPT NO LIABILITY AS SUCH.
2 The Booking
Our 1-hour timeframe for arrival means we may be up to 30 minutes either side of the booking time. Our “working time” is the time from when we arrive at the first address, to the completion of payment at the final address. The minimum is half an hour of work; after that it is rounded up to the nearest half an hour.
Our “travel time” is a fixed time to get to the starting location before the job, and away from the end location after we finish working. We will advise the travel times when you book. If you change the start or end locations during the job, the travel time may change accordingly. The minimum time is always 2-hour of work, which we charge plus the travel time mentioned above.
4 Changes and cancellations
5 Road Charges & Parking
6 During the move
The items listed below will not be moved unless otherwise stated in writing to the Company, and the insurance is deemed null and VOID for:
- Any prohibited or stolen items.
- Any drugs, explosive items, gas bottles or firearms.
- Any animals, in cages or not, or tanks including birds and fish.
- Plants and trees which needs permission.
We must be paid in full at the end of the job. Our working time does not finish until payment is finalized. We take payment in EFTPOS, Visa, or MasterCard at the end of the job. A surcharge may apply to credit card payments.
We do not accept cash, business or personal cheques; we do not offer credit without prior arrangement.
If you are unable to pay for your job on completion, we may need to keep some of your goods as security until payment is made. In that case there will be a charge to re-deliver those items, or you can collect them from our depot.
9 Damage and our Guarantee
- Repairing the damage to as close as possible to its original condition or,
- Replacement if a repair cannot be performed or,
- Compensation instead of repair or replacement up to the pre-damage market value of the item.
- Televisions not packed in their original box, computer equipment, photocopiers, scientific instruments, musical instruments not in hard cases, architectural models, and sculptural artwork, pianos and pool tables.
- Pieces of glass not wrapped or packed safely. This includes picture glass and table tops.
- Stone, including marble, granite, composite or similar items. We will take these items if they can be safely moved, however we do not cover these items under our guarantee due to their inherent fragility.
- Furniture designed to be flat packed, or made of pressed wood, such as IKEA, Fantastic Furniture or similar. These items are inherently susceptible to suffer damage or disorder, no matter how carefully we move them. We recommend disassembling such items before moving to reduce these risks.
- Mobile Storage Customers. We will not cover any items packed into mobile storage containers (PODS, Taxibox, GoBox etc) under any circumstances.